3/06/2010

Pumped!

There is no better way to end a hectic week than with a hectic swim. And even better if you get a tip from the pros!

Today, we swam mainly sets of fifty, really fast, really powerful. But there was a new discovery: the coach suggested not to breath on both sides (something that all other coaches recommend... but no olympic swimmer does!). "He said, breath every two strokes, every time on the same side. Try both sides and then pick your favorite. You will see." Oh, did I!

It was like I had a fuel injection engine all of a sudden. I didn't get as tired as quickly, and after a while, I got dizzy from getting so much oxygen! But I had enough fuel to keep going. I will keep practicing doing the one-side breathing on sprints. I felt pumped!

Sometimes, the the smallest things make a huge difference. The only thing we have to do is try!

But today, it is not only about me! I want to invite everybody this Sunday 7 at 10 am to cheer up my husband who is racing in the Caltech Pentathlon, in Pasadena. For directions click here. You will meet a lot of inspiring swimmers and cool people, and after the swim, we'll share a breakfast for champions. They'll be hungry and so will I!

No comments:

Post a Comment