3/16/2010

Out of control!

This weekend, I read a quote from Mario Andretti: "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough," and today in the pool, I couldn't stop thinking about it.


The sunset was at its full when I got to the pool, but the beginners lane was too full, so I put on my super powers (my fins) and jumped in the more advanced lane. It was fast, it was out of control and it was awesome! I didn't make the times and towards the end, I had to take a breather while the other swimmers kept going. But I tried very hard and even though I failed, I succeeded at pushing myself today. 


Most people are afraid of failure, but if we don't fail, it means that we are not challenging ourselves. I was probably not swimming as fast as Mario Andretti drives, but I certainly lost control, and it felt great!

No comments:

Post a Comment