2/11/2010

True victory is victory over yourself.

Until today, my H2 fins allowed me to speed behind the faster swimmers in the “ego lanes”. My fins have been my crutches, so I decided to have one finless day every week; and today was the first.
Reality check! I was the slowest in the slow lane! A superhero with her powers stolen. But although I was a slow swimmer, I knew my progress was faster. It was a humbling workout that reminded me speed is not a sign of progress because the only one I’m competing against is myself.

4 comments:

  1. It is like putting on a dobuk! It makes us feel and think like Superman. We take the dobuk off and we have just ourself. We don't realize we only have ourself whether the dobuk is on or off. . . .It really is what our head is telling us. Go with your heart!
    Lynn
    PS I must be using my grandson's account (Liam)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn/Liam! Yes, I've realized that martial arts and swimming have a lot in common. Both are meditation in action and you can't cheat yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swimming is the best exercise for me. Very enjoyable yet it give strength into your body.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always perform the safety precautions before swimming into the water. Accidents are always in the feet of all swimmers, prevention is better than cure.

    ReplyDelete